100L American Oak - Ex Sherry Barrel (Medium Char)
100L American Oak - Ex Sherry Barrel (Medium Char) is backordered and will ship as soon as it is back in stock.
NEW STOCK DUE JUNE 2024 - PRE ORDER TODAY
100L recoopered American white oak barrel ex Sherry, handmade and medium charred. These are remade from larger ex Sherry barrels. Comes raw with galvanised steel bands, brass tap and bung. Great for storing and maturing Beer, Wine and Spirit.
*CAN SUPPLY WITH OR WITHOUT BRASS TAP - PLEASE ADVISE IF WOODEN STAND REQUIRED*
Many customers pair this product with our decanters. Explore our range here
Introducing the magnificent 100L Recoopered American Oak ex Sherry Barrel, a testament to exquisite craftsmanship and unrivaled flavour infusion. Immerse yourself in the allure of rich American oak, enhanced by the captivating influence of sherry, with this exceptional aging vessel.
Carefully recoopered to ensure its structural integrity, this barrel has a captivating history, having been previously utilised for aging sherry. The unique characteristics acquired during its tenure with sherry bestow upon it a distinct essence that elevates the aging process to new heights.
With a substantial capacity of 100 litres, this recoopered barrel is perfect for distilleries, wineries, or any enthusiasts looking to age larger batches of spirits. Its generous size allows for a harmonious assimilation of flavors, transforming your spirits into a symphony of complexity and elegance.
Unleash the enchanting aromas of dried fruits, oak spice, and a hint of sweetness that this American oak ex sherry barrel bestows upon your elixirs. Each sip will transport you to a world of indulgence, where the flavours dance upon your palate, leaving a lasting impression.
Whether you're a master distiller seeking perfection or a passionate home brewing enthusiast, this 100L Recoopered American Oak ex Sherry Barrel is a choice that redefines excellence. Elevate your craft, enhance your aging process, and create spirits of unparalleled depth and sophistication.
Experience the blending of artistry and tradition embodied by this exceptional barrel. Unleash the full potential of your spirits with the 100L Recoopered American Oak ex Sherry Barrel and embark on a journey of unparalleled flavour exploration.
Available to ship in the following locations:
- Adelaide, South Australia
- Melbourne, Victoria
- Canberra, ACT
- Brisbane, Queensland
- Hobart, Tasmania
- Darwin, Northern Territory
- Perth, Western Australia
- sydney, New South Wales
- & regional areas in all of the states above
Recoopered Barrel Setup and Curing Procedure
Recommended to begin this process within 2 weeks of receiving your barrel and to store in a cool dry place in the mean time
- If your barrel requires a tap install it first.
- Fill the barrel with 10% of the capacity of the barrel with boiling water (2.5 litres for a 25 litre, 5 litres for a 50 litre and 10 litres for a 100 litre barrel). Do not use chlorinated water as it can be detrimental to the quality of the barrel. Replace the bung and swirl the water for approximately 10 minutes ensuring that all surfaces make contact with the water. You can now empty the boiling water from the barrel.
- Fill the barrel with cold water (not chlorinated water) and allow the oak to swell to seal any leaks. This can take from a few hours up to four days and the barrel must be kept full until any leaks are resolved. Once any leaks stop you can empty the barrel.
- Fill the barrel to 10% of capacity with non chlorinated water and replace bung. Shake the barrel briskly for a minute or two to dislodge any loose charred oak and then empty the barrel.
- You are now ready to add your favourite drop within 7 days of this process. Remember to never let your barrel go completely dry as it may lose its ability to reseal.
To age wines or liquors, simply fill the barrel with your favourite product and store in a humid and cool place where it is not exposed to sunlight or heat. If your barrel is in direct sunlight or in a warm area, the rate of evaporation inside the barrel will increase. The time required to age your drop depends on your choice and taste. This can be anywhere from a month to years. Ageing wine or liquor in a barrel has the effect of transmitting the taste of the oak to your product inside the barrel. The longer you store a wine or liquor the stronger the oak taste that you will get from the wood and also the darker the colour will become.
Dimensions and Weight
Head width: 160mm
Middle width: 200mm
Head width: 190mm
Middle width: 220mm
Head width: 240mm
Middle width: 280mm
Head width: 310mm
Middle width: 380mm
Head width: 415mm
Middle width: 440mm
Head width: 415mm
Middle width: 500mm
The 100L American Oak Barrel is avaliable for shipping in the following locations:
Adelaide & Regional South Australia
Melbourne & Regional Victoria
Sydney & Regional New South Wales
Brisbane & Regional Queensland
Perth & Regional Western Australia
Darwin & Regiaonl Northern Territory