100L American Oak Barrel - Ex Bourbon (Medium Char)
100L recoopered American white oak barrels, handmade and medium charred. These are remade from larger ex whisky bourbon barrels. Comes raw exterior with galvanised steel bands, brass tap and bung. Great for storing and maturing Beer, Wine and Spirit.
WOODEN STAND CAN BE SUPPLIED UPON REQUEST
Many customers pair this product with our decanters. Explore our range here
Introducing the grand 100L Recoopered American Oak ex Bourbon Barrel, a masterpiece of craftsmanship and flavor. Immerse yourself in the rich heritage of American oak and the captivating influence of bourbon with this exceptional aging vessel.
Each barrel has undergone a meticulous recoopering process, ensuring its structural integrity while preserving the unique characteristics acquired during its previous use in bourbon aging. The result is a barrel that captures the essence and flavors of bourbon with remarkable precision.
With a generous capacity of 100 liters, this recoopered barrel is perfect for distilleries, breweries, or enthusiasts looking to age larger batches of spirits. Its size offers a greater surface area for interaction between the spirit and wood, allowing for a deeper and more intricate flavor profile to develop over time.
Indulge your senses with the tantalizing aromas of vanilla, caramel, and spices that are intricately woven into the fabric of this American oak ex bourbon barrel. Each sip will transport you to a world of sophistication and complexity, tantalizing your taste buds with every note.
Whether you are a professional in the industry or a passionate home brewer, this 100L Recoopered American Oak ex Bourbon Barrel is a distinguished choice. Elevate your craft, enhance your aging process, and create spirits of unparalleled quality and depth.
Experience the artistry and tradition that this barrel exudes. Unlock the vast potential within your spirits with the 100L Recoopered American Oak ex Bourbon Barrel, and embark on a journey of extraordinary flavors and unparalleled craftsmanship.
Available to ship in the following locations:
- Adelaide, South Australia
- Melbourne, Victoria
- Canberra, ACT
- Brisbane, Queensland
- Hobart, Tasmania
- Darwin, Northern Territory
- Perth, Western Australia
- sydney, New South Wales
- & regional areas in all of the states above
Recoopered Barrel Setup and Curing Procedure
Recommended to begin this process within 2 weeks of receiving your barrel and to store in a cool dry place in the mean time
- If your barrel requires a tap install it first.
- Fill the barrel with 10% of the capacity of the barrel with boiling water (2.5 litres for a 25 litre, 5 litres for a 50 litre and 10 litres for a 100 litre barrel). Do not use chlorinated water as it can be detrimental to the quality of the barrel. Replace the bung and swirl the water for approximately 10 minutes ensuring that all surfaces make contact with the water. You can now empty the boiling water from the barrel.
- Fill the barrel with cold water (not chlorinated water) and allow the oak to swell to seal any leaks. This can take from a few hours up to four days and the barrel must be kept full until any leaks are resolved. Once any leaks stop you can empty the barrel.
- Fill the barrel to 10% of capacity with non chlorinated water and replace bung. Shake the barrel briskly for a minute or two to dislodge any loose charred oak and then empty the barrel.
- You are now ready to add your favourite drop within 7 days of this process. Remember to never let your barrel go completely dry as it may lose its ability to reseal.
To age wines or liquors, simply fill the barrel with your favourite product and store in a humid and cool place where it is not exposed to sunlight or heat. If your barrel is in direct sunlight or in a warm area, the rate of evaporation inside the barrel will increase. The time required to age your drop depends on your choice and taste. This can be anywhere from a month to years. Ageing wine or liquor in a barrel has the effect of transmitting the taste of the oak to your product inside the barrel. The longer you store a wine or liquor the stronger the oak taste that you will get from the wood and also the darker the colour will become.
Dimensions and Weight
Head width: 160mm
Middle width: 200mm
Head width: 190mm
Middle width: 220mm
Head width: 240mm
Middle width: 280mm
Head width: 310mm
Middle width: 380mm
Head width: 415mm
Middle width: 440mm
Head width: 415mm
Middle width: 500mm
The 100L American Oak Barrel is avaliable for shipping in the following locations:
Adelaide & Regional South Australia
Melbourne & Regional Victoria
Sydney & Regional New South Wales
Brisbane & Regional Queensland
Perth & Regional Western Australia
Darwin & Regiaonl Northern Territory